WorldWind South Africa
|Table of contents|
The South Africa add-on is a set of topographical maps covering all of South Africa, in addition a few areas also have othophotos. The data in this add-on was obtained by Madmappers from various sources, they then processed the data and in collaboration with FEF put it on servers for access by World Wind users.
This imagery is not public domain, please see the license section for more information.
Currently included data
- South Africa 50k Topo maps. (screenshot)
- Africa 250k Topo maps. (screenshot)
- South Africa
- Various areas with aerial imagery. (screenshot)
- Using the self installing exe -
- Double click 'WorldWind_1.3_SA_0.6.exe' and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When the installer has completed you are ready to run World Wind.
- Load World Wind, you will see two new icons in the toolbar.
- Select either 'SA orthophotography' or 'SA Topo maps' to activate them. Then zoom into South Africa to view the new imagery, or you can click here.
- By default selecting 'SA Topo maps' will load the 50k maps, if you wish to view the 250k maps click on 'Layer Manager' located on the far left of your toolbar, the Layer Manager menu will appear, click the arrow next to 'SA Imagery', next click the arrow next to 'SA Topo maps' then click inside the circle next to 'SA-Topo maps (250k)' the 250k maps should now load.
- To activate the legend for the 50k Topo maps, click on 'Layer Manager' located on the far left of your toolbar, the Layer Manager menu will appear, click the arrow next to 'SA Imagery', then tick the box next to 'SA 50k Legend' a legend will now appear on the top right of your screen, clicking the legend will open the Madmappers legend page in your web browser.
- Download Add-on
- World Wind Forums Thread
- Madmappers World Wind Africa page
- Free Earth Foundation
- SOUTH AFRICA MAPS FOR World Wind by WWW.MADMAPPERS.COM
State Copyrights exist for this mapping product which has been licensed from the Chief Directorate of Survey and Mapping of the Republic of South Africa for distribution by WWW.MADMAPPERS.COM
By proceeding with this installation you confirm that you have been made aware that State Copyrights exist, that this mapping product is licensed for your personal use only and that you will not redistribute it in any form to any third party.
Furthermore, you declare that you have read in full the text of the following licensing agreement.
- TERMS OF LICENCING AND WARRANTY
Data accessible via this add-on was prepared for use in World Wind by MadMappers and is licensed under the terms and conditions listed below. Please refer to the "Conditions of the Licence Agreement relating to the Chief Directorate of Surveys & Mapping (CDSM) Data" and "Conditions of Licence Agreement relating to data processed by MadMappers".
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE CONDITIONS OF THE LICENCE AGREEMENT AS SET OUT BELOW, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THIS ADD-ON
- Conditions of Licence Agreement relating to the Chief Directorate of Surveys & Mapping (CDSM) data.
INDEMNITY: The Licensee agrees to indemnify the CDSM, its employees, agents and contractors in respect of all liability for loss, damage or injury, which may be suffered by any person arising from that persons use of this data.
WARRANTY: The CDSM does not warrant that this data is free of errors. The CDSM warrants that the grant of the licence to use this data does not infringe the Intellectual Property rights of any person.
OWNERSHIP: The CDSM retains ownership of this data, whether in its original form or as modified by the Licensee, and of the Intellectual Property rights contained therein.
COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION: The Licensee shall not commercialise this data
- Conditions of Licence Agreement relating to data processed byadMappers.
DISCLAIMER: Data preparation for World Wind is by MadMappers. CDSM bears no responsability for errors or inaccuracies.
OWNERSHIP & COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION: MadMappers retains ownership of the processed data and forbids its commercial exploitation. For a commercial licence contact email@example.com